Cardiac Care Centre is located in Hurstville and in Wetherill Park.
Our Cardiologists are reputable for their knowledge and experience, and we pride ourselves in providing a comprehensive private cardiac health service to our patients and professional diagnostic information for referring GPs.
First established in Hurstville in 2009, we continue to offer our patients prompt consultation with a leading cardiologist, onsite state of the art facilities for diagnosis, treatment and care with a focus on individual patient needs.
Our newer centre in Wetherill Park continues our essential work in Sydney’s greater west, providing the same high level of services as we have been offering in Hurstville.
We offer flexibility in attending to urgent cases and all non-invasive cardiac tests are carried out onsite for efficient diagnosis and treatment.
Dr Rajesh Brahmbhatt – Hurstville and Wetherill Park
Dr Rajesh Brahmbhatt is the Medical Director at Cardiac Care Centre, Hurstville and Wetherill Park. He is a highly trained and knowledgeable Consultant Cardiologist with more than 30 years of experience in all aspects of the diagnosis and management of Heart Disease.
Dr Brahmbhatt has been a pioneering Cardiologist with the Cardiac Care Centre from the day of its inception in Hurstville in 2009.
He first commenced consultative practice in Hurstville in 2006. This was a major landmark in Cardiology in the region as it has allowed patients to be both, investigated and treated, locally.
Dr Brahmbhatt has a wealth of experience in all aspects of Cardiology. He has worked in various reputable teaching hospitals around Australia for several years, gaining critical insight into different aspects of Medicine and Cardiology.
Prior to this, he worked at SSG Hospital, Baroda (a University Teaching Hospital) in India for several years, whilst simultaneously training future undergraduate and postgraduate students of medicine and cardiology at Baroda Medical College, The MS University of Baroda, India to the highest standard of education.
Over the years, Dr Brahmbhatt has gained comprehensive Cardiology training in the UK and Australia. He has completed a two-year Fellowship at Westmead Hospital in 1999, where he acquired high quality clinical training in all aspects of Cardiology from some of the best educators in the country.
Dr Brahmbhatt has been actively involved in both medical and interventional management of Acute Coronary Syndrome patients, and has special interest in management of heart failure, hypertension, lipid disorders, diabetes mellitus and cardiac arrhythmias. He is regarded as an authoritative speaker on cardiac issues at medical meetings. This reflects his ongoing commitment to his own clinical education and his capacity to remain at the forefront of advances in Cardiology.
Dr Brahmbhatt is amongst the top 10 rated Cardiologists in Sydney, according to RateMDs.com.
Dr Brahmbhatt is also fluent in Hindi, Gujarati and Arabic.
Dr Brahmbhatt has had extensive training in the following:
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting
- Cardiac Electrophysiology and Radiofrequency ablations
- Permanent Pacemaker implantation and follow up
- Complex Defibrillator device implantations and follow up
- Trans-oesophageal Echocardiography (TOE)
- Other routine non-invasive cardiac investigations such as Echocardiography, Stress testing and Stress Echocardiography, 24-Holter and Blood Pressure monitoring
Special Areas of Interest
- Management of Heart Failure
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Metabolic Syndrome
Dr Young Yu – Wetherill Park
Dr Young Yu has recently joined our practice in Wetherill Park as a Consultant Cardiologist.
Qualifications and Affiliations::
· Consultant and interventional cardiologist
· Honorary interventional cardiologist – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
· Interventional cardiologist – Hurstville Private and Macquarie hospital.
· Clinical interests include coronary intervention and echocardiography
· Graduated with 1st class honours from the University of New South Wales.
· General cardiology training at St George and Prince of Wales hospital
· Harvard fellowship in interventional cardiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Boston, USA, 2014-2015
· PhD in translational cardiology at Royal Prince Alfred hospital and The Heart Research Institute, Sydney.
· Dr Yu is designing biocompatible coronary stents to improve patient outcomes.
· Fluent in mandarin